About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Being Bad

Today, I was not a good boy! If you remember a few weeks ago I promised to give up a few things in order to eat more healthy and try to live a better over all life. (click here & here to read more) A couple of things I promised to give up were pizza and soft drinks. Today was not a good day. I found out "today" that I was supposed to bring something to eat for our in-service at work. Turned out we were having a pot-luck and some of us, including me, did not know that. So what did I do? I bought a pizza at the last minute. I even brought home a couple of left over pieces to eat later. Also (Confession time) -- I had a soft-drink. Last weekend, while attending a Hunter's Safety Course with my son, I purchased and drank an A&W Cream Soda. It was my first soft-drink since laying off of them last month. I have been good since then, but since I was confessing about pizza, I figured I had better go ahead and come clean about the soft drink.

The sad part about being bad with the pizza and the Cream Soda was that neither one of them had the desired effect I was seeking. The Cream Soda just made me feel bloated, and the pizza, of course, upset my stomach. This just confirms the reasons why I chose to give up them up in the first place.

At least tomorrow is a new day. I will pick myself up again and start over. Isn't that what new days are for?

No comments: