About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Time To Give Up # 2

Now that I have committed to giving up a few bad eating habits, I am now attempting to give up a few other bad habits that I have.

Great and Glorious God, Creator of all things: I bring before You 5 bad habits that I am having problem defeating. Knowing that my own efforts are not good enough to conquer these habits; I ask that You help me to connect to Your Holy Spirit that dwells within me. I ask that Your Spirit makes me aware of the consequences of these actions. I ask that You help me become a better man and example to my children by overcoming these habits. In the name of Your Holy Son, Jesus the Christ. Amen
These are the habits I am choosing to give up:
1) Speeding (Tortoise and the Hare, Tortoise and the Hare. Plus it saves gasoline and it's safer. Now, I just have to get used to people getting irritated at me, like I used to get irritated at them.)
2) Littering (Yes, I was a litter bug...I made the Native American man cry. I am not proud of it. I am sorry.)
3) Gossip (No, I'm not a woman, but I do work with all women. And no, I don't gossip, much...But I will no longer listen to or be a part of any gossip I do hear.)
4) My Stuffed Animal Baseball Team (Don't ask; it's a long story...and they mainly belong to Oliver {My OCD} anyway.)
5) Picking Up After My Family (My OCD {aka: Oliver} hates to see cups sitting around, TV trays left out, clothes not put up, shoes all over the floor etc... and he forces me to clean all of it up, before I am allowed to relax and do things for myself. NO MORE...I will try my best to remind the kids, in a supporting and encouraging way, to please clean up after themselves.
I will start with these habits first then I will add some later, if necessary. Wish me luck as I "Give Up" on a few things to make myself a better person. I will keep you updated.
P.S. -- Today some of my students were eating some Doritos and some Pringles while they working on some problems for me. They looked soooo good. I will not eat Doritos & Pringles, they are evil, eeeevillll! (Ha-Ha)

1 comment:

Tech Daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.