About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Time to Give Up # 1

It's time for a change! Time to give up a few things that I feel are standing in my way of loosing weight and staying healthy. It will be hard, very hard in some cases, to do, but I am determined to succeed in my goals. As I said before, I don't really need to loose a lot of weight, but I do need to eat healthy. I tend to have high cholesterol and I do suffer from acid reflux if I over eat or eat certain foods. I hate the way I feel when I over eat or eat extremely high fat/fried foods. So, It's time to give up a few things. First a promise to and a call for help from the only one who can help me, God.

Dearest Heavenly Father, I come before you recognizing that I am loosing my battle against overeating. I am not eating healthy and I am not in control as I need to be. I am asking for Your divine intervention to help me defeat my urges to eat foods that I know are not good for me. I am turning my eating habits over to You, O' Lord. You are my Creator and You know what is best for me. Only with Your guidance can I become a healthier and happier person. I pray to you in the name of your Son, Jesus the Christ, in whose name all power is granted. Amen
Here is a list of 10 things I will give up:
1) Any Hamburger that has more than one meat patty (Big Mac, Double Whoppers, etc...But don't real men eat beef, lots of beef?)
2) Soft Drinks of all kinds (Alas Dr. Pepper. I knew thee well!)
3) Potato Chips (What will become of me if I don't have orange stained finger tips from Nacho Doritos or Cheetos?)
4) Left-Overs (Food left on my kids plates, when they are finished, and after I have already eaten my portion of the food. It's not a sin to throw it away...it's not a sin to throw it away.)
5) "All You Can Eat Buffets" (NOOOOOOOO!)
6) Pizza (Unless a Veggie Pizza, and then only one slice! Pizza upsets my stomach anyway!)
7) Candy/Candy Bars (Except M&M's and then in portions according to Weight Watchers points. What you talkin' 'bout Willis?)
8) Honey BBQ Wings at KFC (Parting is such sweet sorrow!)
9) Donuts (Yes, even Krispy Kreme...No I am not crazy!)
10) Chicken Fried Anything...Steak/Chicken/Pork and the Gravy that covers it. (How can you be a true Southerner if you don't chicken fry something?)
Well there you go...I am giving up on trying to satisfy to fill something missing in my life with junk or unhealthy foods. Only God can fill my heart with something that will satisfy me. He fills it everyday with the Bread of Life.

1 comment:

Tech Daddy said...

Let me comment on the correct post this time. :) (if you notice a deleted comment on your Time to Give Up #2, that was me).

Good for you. I'm constantly trying to eat better and smaller portions. Sometimes I do better than others.