About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Surving Without the Wii

Way to go DAD! About one week ago I was playing with the family's Nintendo Wii. I was playing an old N64 game called Pokemon Snap, where you take pictures of Pokemon. My son had spent $10.00 of his own money to download it for me as an early birthday present. While playing the game, I accidently pulled the Wii off of its perch. It fell almost 2 feet to our hardwood floor below. I thought for sure I had broken the entire thing. When we plugged it back in, all seemed to work just fine...UNTIL...my son tried to eject the previous game he was playing from the system. He pressed the eject button and nothing happened. He pressed it again and nothing happened. Apparently the system works just fine, except for the eject button which was broken in the fall.

We called the Nintendo Wii support line, and we were told, "Unless we wanted to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the rest of our lives, we would have to send the game to them to get repaired." So this afternoon, we packaged up our Wii and sent it back to the Nintendo Co. of America to get repaired. This means my children and I have to wait about 15 days for the game to get there, get fixed and then returned to us.

I'm not worried about me, but I'm a little worried about my kids though. My son has already started shaking and crying (Just kidding!) Really he is just fine. I know they will miss the game but it the Wii will return to us soon. At least they have a Game Cube and a Nintendo DS to play with in the meantime. They are also getting in more bicycle riding too.

I just feel bad, considering I always seem to get on to them for playing the game to much, and I was the one who broke it. Way to go DAD!

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Wow. Way to go Mr. E. Did you tell them about Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy yet?