About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Feeling Like I Don't Even Count

Today is what many News and Political agencies around the nation are calling "Super Tuesday!" Almost half of states are having their primaries today to determine which candidate they wish to win their party's nomination for president of the United States. Somehow, however; it dosen't feel very "Super" for me.

According to the news, the Republican nomination should be determined after today, with Sen. John McCain becoming the Republican candidate for President. As far as the Democrats are concerned, at least they have a race that may not be determined after today.

My problem is that I tend to lean towards a Moderate platform and I am a religious conservative. (I hate that word by the way. There are some things I believe that would probably "tick off" many so-called conservatives.) That being said, I would like to cast my vote for Mike Huckabee if I voted Republican and I would have liked to have voted for John Edwards if I voted Democrat. It looks like I may not get that chance. Texas will not hold its primary until March 4. Edwards is already out; and by then my other candidate, Huckabee, may not even be in the race. Then who do I vote for? I really have no strong feelings towards any of the other candidates for President. (Well, I have a few strong feelings against a few of them.) I feel like my vote in March will be a wasted vote.

I feel like Hawaii and Alaska on General Election Day. I have Electoral votes but they don't matter because the rest of the country has already chosen the President by the time I even get a chance to vote.

Voting in the Republican Primary will be a moot or lost point, if McCain does pull of the nomination after today. I guess I could still vote in the Democratic Primary. It's possible that Clinton and Obama will still be fighting for their party's nomination. I do tend to support at least small parts of one of these guy's/gal's ideas. At least then I will have some say so on who gets nominated in at least one party.

Best of luck to you guys who get vote ahead of "poor-ole-me." I envy you!

2 comments:

Scott said...

At least your primary is in March. Ours is in stinkin' May!
Do we even bother at that point?

It may not be custom-fit for me, but I still look at governments around the world and thank God for whatever is we got going on here.

Mr. E said...

So True! At least we have some say so in who are leaders are! For better or worse, at least WE THE PEOPLE had some choice in the matter.