About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Stephen Colbert

First of all let me congratulate the New York Giants on their Super Bowl victory over the "perfect" New England Patriots.

Do any of you guys/gals watch The Colbert Report? This political satire show is hosted by comedian Stephen Colbert and it is hilarious. Ladybug (my wife) and I used to be faithful followers of the show and after a year's break, we are now watching it again. We don't always agree with Mr. Colbert, but the way he presents his information is down right funny! He is obviously a Republican (for now) and so he sparks some interesting conversations between Ladybug and I.

The show appears on Comedy Central! It follows imediately after The Daily Show hosted by Jon Stewart. The Daily Show is a more Democratic version of The Colbert Report. In fact the Colbert Report is a spin-off of The Daily Show.

Watch the show and learn the Truthiness of the world around you!

{By the way my spell check is not working for my blog; so if anything is mispelled, just go with it and know that even teachers are not perfect when it comes to our spelling. I am also having trouble posting images. Does anyone have a solution or know where to look for help?}

3 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I've been following Mr. Colbert for many, many years now. I'm not sure if he's a Republican or even a conservative. He's mainly an entertainer--and a good one. However, it's nice to have a show that comes from a conservative perspective. The Daily Show is certainly the more liberal of the two, but I'd argue that even Jon Stewart is, at his core, an entertainer and both sides of the political spectrum are fair game.

Colbert's book title cracks me up. Have you read it? It's called, I Am America (And So Can You!)

Scott said...

I get a kick out this show when I get a chance to watch. Not too offensive to my sensibilities.

penguinsandladybugs said...

I tend to wonder the same thing about whether or not Stephen Colbert is a Republican. He could quite possibly be the opposite, because he sometimes makes Republicans look down right silly!!