About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

This and That

Today I am writing just to write. Nothing spectacular to say, like I say anything spectacular anyway. I had to come home from work early today because I wasn't feeling very well. I hope I am not getting sick. I have heard there is a flu bug going around at my work place. That's all I need is to get sick and miss out on the Marriage Retreat coming up this weekend. I actually found me a pair of new shoes last night, just so I can learn to dance. My wife will continue her search for new shoes this afternoon.

While I was at home I felt inclined to watch The Passion of The Christ again. Not sure why I wished to see images of how Mel Gibson portrays the brutal death of my LORD and Savior, Jesus, for the third time, but I watched it anyway. Yet, I was reminded, at the end of the movie, that "Satan got punked." (This phrase appears on a t-shirt my son has.) Satan thought for sure he had finally gotten the best of God by killing Jesus. Ha! The joke was on Satan, Jesus came back!

Because I was home sick today; I got the honor of being home when my kids came home from school. My son got home first today. He was in a good mood...no homework, and a much awaited package, he was looking for, came in the mail. So far so good. A little later than normal, my daughter finally arrived. She was very upset. The bus driver, who "is a substitute driver on just her second day", accidentally skipped the stop my daughter was supposed to get off at. It was only after the substitute driver dropped off everyone else on her route, did she come back to drop off my daughter and the other kids who get off at her stop. Add to that my daughter once again has some division homework, (she hates that), well, lets just say, she was not happy. At least the dog made her feel a little better.

One good thing about today was that my favorite episode of Spongebob Squarepants was on the television. It is called The Camping Episode. In this episode Squidward gets attacked by a Sea Bear, while camping with Spongebob and Patrick. Very Funny!

I just hope I feel better for the weekend. Gotta go help with homework...See ya, next time!

P.S. -- I am holding my own on loosing weight. No gains, no losses. At least I'm sticking to my new healthy eating habits.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I personally like this kind of post :)