About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's Also Tough Being a 5th Grader

Today it was my daughter's turn to come home with some of the same age old problems many of us have faced in our school days, ohhh, so long ago! My daughter's problem is that one of her best friends has made some new friends, and is starting to drift away from my little girl. According to my daughter, "She is acting like she may not want to be my friend anymore." Once again my heart goes out to one of my children. We have told her she is also making new friends and that sometimes during the next few years or so, that friends can change often. It's tough being a 5th Grader and having to deal with the ever changing moods and emotions of young ladies that age. And when friends come and go during those years, it can be very hard on a young girl's emotions. We encourage her and remind her that God is always there with her, no matter what her friend decides to do. My little girl, is growing into a big girl, and I love her very much. I hate to see her heart break. To bad this has to be a part of growing up.

No comments: