About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, October 1, 2007

This and That

Not much to write about, but I feel the need to blog about something so here I go.

I have lost a total of 5 pounds in my efforts to eat more healthy and do a little more exercise. I did break down and eat a slice of pizza over the weekend though. My daughter has a couple of friends over to spend the night and the pizza just looked so good. I have not had a soft drink since the day I blogged about giving them up. I have also been very careful not to finish uneaten food off the kids plates. I have been giving them smaller portions to start with, and that helps.

I am also looking forward to Major League Baseball's upcoming playoffs. I am routing for the Indians and the Cubs, with a close series victory by the Cubs. The main reason I want the Cubs to win is I am tired of hearing about their curse. The Red Sox broke their curse, the White Sox broke theirs, now lets end the Cubs' curse and move on and get the Texas Rangers to the World Series. As long as the Yankees don't win. I like the Yankees, I just want to Cubs to win more. For you Mets' fans...I am very sorry about your team. What a bummer end to the season?

My family and I also experimented with a "no television, computer, or video game day" on Sunday. We survived! After a little game withdrawal from my son, he admitted that Sunday was a good day. I am glad we did this day on Sunday, because I don't know if I could miss the baseball playoffs.

I also donated blood (one week ago on Sunday). The blood center did a cholesterol test for me. My cholesterol level was 142. This is lowest it has been in over 3 years. About 2 years ago it was almost 400. What an improvement! I credit, better eating, Lipitor, and a much less stressful job. Don't forget about many prayers to God as well!

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I thought your cholesterol was 250....guess I am remembering it wrong. I think that no technology day has really made a difference....I love you!