About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Family Camp Outs With a Twist

Since my wife is afraid of "critters" outside and we lack a tent to sleep in, my family and I have come up with a unique way to do our family camp outs. Every Friday the 13th or other special occasions, we drag our kids' mattresses and the 2 spare mattresses into the living room and we all sleep on the floor together. We each have our own mattress so we don't cross any personal boundaries. We dig our some extra sheets for the spare mattresses, cook some pop-corn, read some books together and then normally end by watching a movie together as a family. The dog loves this, as he can choose who he wants to sleep with. It is a special time for the family. We get the feeling of a camp out, without camping or being outside!?! I think? Anyway, it is a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Tech Daddy said...

It does sound like fun.

tammi said...

What a great idea! We tried it outside in our old tent on the last night of August, but for the success of the event, way more work went into it than I thought should have been necessary! The girls loved it, of course, but I think we might try your idea next time!