About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Space Station Watch

Last night my family and I saw the International Space Station fly over. It was only visible for a few minutes. It looked like a large star moving quickly across the clear night sky. My family stared in awe at the site.
It's hard to imagine that there are people onboard the Station, floating, working, sleeping and living in space. The Space Shuttle Endeavor just recently docked with the ISS. One of its crew was the civilian teacher from the U.S. Can you imagine the story she has to tell her Science class when she gets home?

3 comments:

Tech Daddy said...

That sounds pretty neat. Where do you find out about astronomical events like that?

penguinsandladybugs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. E said...

My father told me about the Space Station after hearing about it on the local 6:00 news. When I was looking for a picture of the Space Station for the blog, I found out NASA had a Space Station watch link, showing when the Space Station would be flying overhead. I missed a partial/full lunar eclipse this morning (abt. 5:20 a.m your time in RI), I heard about it on Good Morning America. I will look for a site that will let me know when to look for astronomical events like an eclipse, or planet sighting. When I find one I will let you know, either on the blog or a post on your site. -- ME