About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, August 24, 2007

My Children

I thought I would spend this afternoon dedicating a blog to my two wonderful children.

1st, my son -- He is a handsome young man of 12 years (almost a teenager, he likes to remind me). He is very bright and is very curious. He wants to be a scientist of some sort, when he gets older, and invent cool things. He is a GT (Gifted & Talented) student who loves to be challenged. He plays trombone in the band. He loves God & Jesus and recently accepted Jesus as his savior and was baptized. He is just starting to try get up in the mornings and do his Bible study with my wife and me. He also can't wait to go on mission trips with the church youth group. He likes to read, especially Spider Man comics, and he loves to write (See his blog -- CmE Domain). He also loves to play his video games. He may not admit it, but he does love his sister. Whenever she is sick or upset about something, he tries to make her laugh or feel better. In fact, it was he who first made my daughter laugh when she was a baby. He works really hard to get my approval (remember I have OCD!), which is tough on him. He does get very frustrated at himself when he doesn't live up to his (and sometimes my) expectations. I pray everyday that he knows I love him no matter what, and he doesn't have to meet my every expectation. He has a very special relationship with my wife. They can talk for hours and that makes me very happy. I love his unique way of looking at life. It makes him special, just the way God wants him to be. He knows how to make me laugh! I love my son so much and I can't be proud enough of him!

2nd, my daughter -- She is a lively young woman of 10 (going on 16!). The teenager in her is already here. Happy and talking your ear off one moment and "hating you" the next. Despite the natural stages of development for a girl her age, she is a "Daddy's Girl"! She even tries to like baseball so she can spend time with me. Yes, she loves her mother too! She loves swimming, takes karate, and occasionally jogs and throws the baseball with me. She loves our dog, Schnitzel, and all animals in general (except for most bugs). She wants to be a veterinarian when she gets older, if she can get over the site of blood. She is good at school and her outgoing personality helps her to make friends easily. She likes to be read to every night and has to "beep" my nose before going to sleep. She may also not admit it, but she does love her brother. Even though she is constantly telling him to stop bugging her, she has been known to take the blame for him, to keep him out of trouble. She is a peacemaker (despite getting her brother in trouble), and doesn't like it when Mom & Dad or her friends are not getting along. She loves music and wants to play either flute or clarinet in band, when she gets a little older. I pity the boys who try to date her...Daddy will be watching to see if they treat her with respect. More than anything she loves, her Jesus! She can't understand why nobody would choose not to love Him as much as she does. I am extremely proud of her and I love my daughter very much.

In case you wondering why I don't say their names; I may just be over cautious, but with all the crazy people in the world, I just don't feel safe putting their names out there on the net. Although if you think about it, if anyone wanted to know about them, they have ways of getting the information anyway. I'm just not going to make it any easier for them.

No comments: