About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tales from the Trip

Well, It's not Monday, so that means we have Internet connection at our motel. Tomorrow we will be heading home. Yeah!

Several things were interesting on the trip, so far! But one thing struck me in a special way.
While we were at a Wal-Mart in Kentucky, located next to a large field, we noticed a solitary deer just standing and eating in a large field next to the parking lot. Despite all the cars, and noises, the deer was just calmly eating with no fear of the humans around it. It was a peaceful picture in the middle of all the chaos of the moment. Earlier that day, while traveling to one of our tourist destinations, we saw several other deer and some wild turkeys standing on the side of the road or crossing the road. The reason the deer stood out to me, was that earlier that morning I had read in the Psalms, were it says, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, O' God." (Psalm 42:1)

Even though the deer similarities were cool, it is the next verse Psalm 42:2, that hits me the most. It says, "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When I can go and meet with God?" I eagerly long for the day when I can see my God face to face. Sometimes I just beg God in my prayers to come now and rescue His children from this temporary home we call Earth. When my life gets so bogged down with "stuff" that it seems that my days on earth (or in the car on a trip) will never end, I remind myself that I will one day get to spend an eternity with the Living God who lives in Heaven. I can hardly wait! Until then I will do my best to introduce others to this "Good News"! Maybe then, they, as I have done, will quit living for the here and now, but for the eternal future that awaits us.

No comments: