About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Who I Want to Be

As I am striving to become a man after God's own heart, I ask myself what kind of person is a man after God's own heart. Psalm 15 from the Bible tells me what kind of man this is.

1. He who does what is righteous.
2. He who speaks the truth from his heart, with no slander coming from his tounge.
3. He who does his neighbor no wrong.
4. He who cast no slur on his fellow man
5. He who despises a vile man, and honors those who fear the LORD.
6. He who keeps his oath, even when it hurts.
7. He who lends money without charging interest.
8. He who does not accept bribes against the innocent.

Why do I want to become a man like this? How can I know for sure the God's words are the right choice for me? Psalm 19 tells me;

1. The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
2. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making the wise simple.
3. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
4. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
5. The fear (respect) of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
6. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous, they are more precious than pure gold, and sweeter than honey from the comb.
7. Being warned by these words, keeping them leads to great rewards.

Most of the words people of the world listen to are not perfect, they come from man and only lead away from God. Only the Bible is true and perfect. No other book can be fully trusted like the Bible. As I continue my efforts to become a man of God, I will study to put HIS words into my heart daily.

No comments: