About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, July 2, 2007

Angels and Volkswagens

Do you believe in Angels? Especially angels that can fix Volkswagens? I am starting to believe.

I have always believed in angels. They are mentioned in the Bible over and over again, and I even wrote a book about them called "Messengers From Heaven: A Biblical Look at Angels, Satan and Demons". Until recently though I never thought one could fix a Volkswagen.

In the past couple of months several things have been on our family's mind, regarding finances; 1) I am looking for a new job, so income is not consistent at the moment, 2) We needed money to fix a leaky roof, and the damage it did to our kitchen ceiling, 3) We were concerned about money needed for a hotel room for our recent trip to Kentucky, and 4) My wife's Volkswagen Bug had some major car trouble (possibly a bad clutch) that would cost over $1,000 to fix. Oh, how the Devil loves to lay problems on you, just when you were trying to turn you life over to GOD and be a better man.

Well, before we left for Kentucky I prayed to GOD, that he would send an angel who knew how to fix a Volkswagen Bug, so we wouldn't have to pay to get the car fixed, and we could get the roof fixed instead. I didn't think much about it, while we were on the trip, until we got a phone call from the repair shop. They said, they needed to speak to us, "As soon as possible" about my wife's car. We assumed the worst and dreaded calling them back. This morning I called the repair shop back...WOW, they told us the problem with the clutch was fixed and it was probably just a little rust caused by the recent heavy rains. They total bill would be just over $68.00 rather than the $1,000 plus we thought it would be. A MIRACLE, at least to us, it was. GOD heard my prayer and he must have sent and angel to fix my wife's car. It is the only explanation I can think of. Just a few days earlier, the repair guy, couldn't even get my wife's car to shift into any gear at all. And now he has driven it a good 5-6 miles around town to confirm the clutch and transmission are working, and he can't explain it, other than a little rust that was causing the clutch to jam. GOD is so awesome!!! Now, we can get the roof leak fixed before the middle of the month.

And to top everything else off, the hotel over quoted the price of our hotel rooms, and the final lodging bill for our mini-vacation was about $38.00 cheaper than we thought. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it just another sign to me anyway, that GOD is looking out for our family, just like HE always said HE would.

No comments: