About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's the Day Before May and the Rangers Suck!

Sorry about my poor choice of words, but it was the only word that I could think of to describe the poor performance of my Texas Rangers. There are some bright spots however. Some of them include Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, Milton Bradley, David Murphy and Ian Kinsler. Vincinte Padilla, C.J. Wilson and Franklyn German are pitching well, but the rest of the pitching staff has not been pulling their weight. Even the star position players listed above could be doing better, especially with defense. The Rangers are one of the worst teams in fielding this year. You would think that would be a strong point. Manager Ron Washington is known for teaching fundamentals of fielding, but it seems the Rangers are not listening or they are just not doing their jobs well this year.

Many of the Rangers have been hurt, especially pitchers, and so once again the pitching staff is giving up more runs than the offense can overcome. It's amazing to me how we can have players that lead the league in Batting Average, RBI's and Batting Average with Runners in Scoring Position, yet still be in last place in the division. OK, I'm not the General Manager nor am I a coach, but something needs to be done. I will always be a Rangers fan, I just want to be a fan of a winning team. Is that to much to ask?

No comments: