About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, April 4, 2008

I'll Give A Dollar to Anyone Who Can Find My Voice!

Last Wednesday after work I noticed my throat starting to get sore. When I woke up Thursday my voice was hoarse and was starting to disappear. I took a couple of over the counter cold remedies and went to work anyway. By the time I got home from work my voice was practically gone. Later that evening, I was sitting on the couch attempting to talk to my family. I jokingly said, "I'll give a dollar to anyone who can tell me where to find my voice!"

My daughter, in a somewhat serious voice said, "Go lay down in the bed and go to sleep and you will find you voice in the morning!"

Good answer. She wanted to know if I would really give her a dollar if it worked. I told her I would. Unfortunately for her, when I woke up this morning, my voice was even worse than before. As I type, I have no voice at all, just a few squeaks.

It did give me a chance to show a movie to my adult students at work though. Since I couldn't speak, I showed them the classic movie,
Arsenic and Old Lace, starring Cary Grant.

The younger students laughed at the fact the movie was black and white. Some of them refused to watch and chose to go our study lab to work on other topics. I gave them a fairly difficult writing assignment about, {Which famous person from history they would most want to spend the day with, and why?}, instead. For those who stayed, they got to enjoy the film, and then write a short GED style essay about. {Would you protect someone you loved from going to jail for murder?}. Good Huh! The younger students who stayed to watch the film actually enjoyed the show even though it was in "black and white."

No comments: