About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Hate My Home Owner Insurance Company

I really do! I just hate them. Shortly after I first started blogging we had several things go wrong with our home. (God is Renovating Our House) -- We had our AC/Heating Unit go out, we had a major leak in our roof, that caused ceiling damage to our kitchen (which has yet to be fully repaired) and just other general stuff. Both times we filed and insurance claim just to have it denied by our insurance company.

About a month ago we had a hail storm and some major wind. We once again called our insurance to file a claim to check for damage to our roof. After their inspection, they once again denied any claim for damages. The day we got the letter from the insurance company, it rained fairly heavy in our area, and another leak was discovered. This time the leak is directly over LadyBug's and My bed. The same brown spot that appeared on our kitchen ceiling is now forming over our bed. I called our insurance company back and told them, that it had rained plenty of times since the last time we had our roof fixed (at our own expense), and we never discovered a leak. But the first time it rained after the hail/wind storm our roof is now leaking. I told them there must be some damage to the roof. They are supposed to call me back again to discuss my options about filing an appeal to the recent denial of our claim of damage.

Why can't the insurance company just pony up the dough and pay to fix our roof. We have the coverage to do this. Over the years we have paid them well over the $4,000+ required to fix our roof. I just can't understand why an insurance company would be so willing to take your money, yet so stingy in using to fix a legitimate problem with our home. I just hate our home owners insurance company. We may have to switch companies!

Any suggestions on roofing a house for yourself? I know it takes time and a few good friends. But It can be done right?

No comments: