About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Primary Day is Upon Us in Texas

Today is the Texas Primary. Signs and people promoting the remaining candidates are everywhere.

As far as Democrats are concerned: On the return trip from Corpus Christi, I saw many people standing on overpasses waving Barack Obama signs. Young people were standing on opposite sides of street corners holding signs for Obama and Hillary Clinton. (At least the younger voters are getting involved in the election process). Obama and Clinton are also eating up the airways. TV and Radio ads are on almost every break and I am getting a little tired of both of them. I have also received phone calls from supporters of Clinton and Obama (mainly Obama) reminding me to vote in the Democratic Primary! == "What if I'm not Democrat?", I asked one of them. There response was, "Well, maybe you should consider being one this year." I laughed and hung up.

As far as Republicans are concerned: I have seen some signs for McCain here and there, but haven't heard much from him as far as TV ads or other promotions. Huckabee's supporters had a "Honk and Wave Day" a few days ago. It was a little noisy for a while but they died out quickly. I mainly see Huckabee signs on bumper stickers. Ron Paul has signs everywhere, you would think he was the front runner! It seems the Republicans are saving their advertising budget for the "Big Election" in November.

I also found out you can actually vote twice in Texas. You heard me, vote twice! Texas apparently not only has a primary, where anyone can vote in any party's primary, but they also have a caucus. So after you vote in the morning, you can attend your party's caucus that evening and vote again to help you party leaders decide who to give their delegates to. How about that? Two votes in one day! (I learned that from an Obama telephone message left on my answering machine at home.)

Watch the news to see how our fair state votes. We will do our best to leave those of you in Indiana a choice when your primary comes around in May.

No comments: