About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The # 1 Man in the Car

Prompted by fellow blogger Scott from...Honey I Fed The Kids, I need to tell you the rest of the story. There was a 5th Person in the car during my recent road trip. The #1 and only man in the car was myself. I was the designated driver of the trip and had the responsibility to make sure I found a Shell station to fill up the van when needed, as well as making sure my lady friends, found a decent place to eat on the road and provide plenty of breaks to go potty or to let Lady #1 get a smoke break.

I did participate in some of the conversations, but when they became a little controversial or started to lean towards more "lady like" subjects, I just plugged my wife's I-Pod into my ears and drove on. I did admit that I tend to lean towards Republican candidates, but there is a possibility I might vote in the Democratic Primary just to choose which candidate I would rather have in the White House. Being a veteran, I supported the war on terrorism, when it came up. This prompted a good "chastising" from Lady#1 about her views. Most of the time I just took the heat for not stopping in time to eat. But overall they thanked me for driving safe. At the conference I attempted to stay away from my lady friends and try to keep to myself. This was probably because of my OCD. But when we did get together we did have a good time, especially at Joe's Crab Shack on the Gulf. The view was nice and we watched the sunset over the bay. I did tend to eat the most when we did go out to eat. They were surprised a little fellow like me could put down the food.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I love it when you refer to "my lady friends." Like you're some smoothe operator.

Now I'm so looking forward to more posts about YOU and your OCD.