About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Sometimes I Hate the History Channel

One of the few channels I watch on television anymore is The History Channel. I love watching the shows about past wars and current conflicts around the world. I love watching shows like Digging for the Truth, Cities of the Underworld, and Engineering an Empire. I even watch some of their "not so historical shows" like Monster Quest and the upcoming UFO Hunters. The History Channel is a great source of information about our past, however; when it comes to portraying Biblical History, they often make me angry.

Yesterday I was watching Ancient Mysteries, or maybe it was Decoding the Past, and they were discussing the Garden of Eden. One of the "experts" they used was talking about how the Bible is full of contradictions about the nature of God, making it hard to truly understand His nature. Another expert says all Christians blame Eve as the sole "sinner" who then tempted Adam to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. When in actuality, both Eve and Adam were there when the serpent tempted them.

The History Channel loves to attempt to destroy the Bible as the the True Word of God. They do it at every opportunity. They teach that Adam has a wife before Eve. That the miracles of God are all explainable, and that the Bible is full of myths and legends, such as the Garden of Eden, that were stolen from other cultures and adapted to fit their religion. Ohhh, that makes me mad.

As a Christian I am offended by this blatant attack on God's Word. So I tend to pick and choose what shows I watch on this channel.

3 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Do you really think that they sit down and decide to purposefully piss off Christians? I certainly don't expect the History Channel to get it right when it comes to scripture. But I think their real issue is that they have their heads crammed so far up their [CENSORED] that they cannot even see the truth right in front of their faces.

I make it a point to avoid shows on Discovery, History Channel, BBC, Public Television, etc. that try to deal with scripture as they almost always get it wrong. However, as soon as anything goes wrong in this country, we're right there looking for God's grace--and he's right there willing to hand it out.

Anyway, I share your frustration. You're wise to avoid these shows unless they're willing to deal with things objectively.

This all reminds me of the new movie project that Ben Stein is working on called Expelled:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com

Scott of "Honey, I Fed the Kids" blogged about this recently. Be sure to take a look.

Beautimous said...

Hey Daddy! Come visit my blog!
(beep)

Beautimous said...

love you daddy---Rachel