About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

13 Books I Have Recently Read # 3

Welcome Thursday Thirteen

These are the latest thirteen books I have read, with # 1 being the first and # 13 being the most recent. (Everything below the dotted line, I haven't read yet, but they are on my reading list. I will probably have them read by the end of Feb. I plan to stop listing my books for a while, it is stressing me out to try and remember which books I read.)

# 1. Ghost Hunting by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson (these are the Ghost Hunters from the T.V. show on Sci-Fi Channel)

# 2. Buddy (a book from The Puppy Place series) by Ellen Miles

# 3. When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker

# 4. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

# 5. An Hour Before Daylight: Memories of a Rural Boyhood by Jimmy Carter

# 6. Dominion by Randy Alcorn

# 7. The books of Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggi, Zechariah and Malachi (from The Bible) by God

# 8. The Ragged Rebel: A Common Soldier in W.H. Parson's Texas Cavalry, 1861-1865 by B.P. "Benny" Gallaway (He was one of my college professors, he autographed the book.)

# 9. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#10. Skin by Ted Dekker

#11. Saint by Ted Dekker

# 12. Every Man, God's Man by Stephen Arterbun

# 13. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

As you can tell I still read with my kids from time to time and I count those books just like I do my other reading. Let me know of any good books you think I should read!

As a special treat for movie fans, here are my two posts of movie quotes trivia: Name That Movie and Name That Movie 2. Have fun!

8 comments:

Bloggers said...

i love ghost hunters. i will have to get the book.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I'm currently reading two:

PRAYER: Does It Make Any Difference by Philip Yancy

and

Christianity's Dangerous Idea by Alister McGrath.

Both are excellent so far. We're also doing the DVD series of the Yancy book in our small group.

The McGrath book does a great job of covering the history of the church from the Reformation to today. It's GOOD STUFF.

Amber Gilchrist said...

It's amazing, working in the literary field, how many books I've never heard of. Thanks for sharing the list.

Jean Bauhaus said...

I've read #s 7 and 9, but the rest of those (excepting the Hemingway) I've never heard of. I think I'm going to have to read #1, though.

Great list. Happy TT!

penguinsandladybugs said...

Can you imagine what my list would look like if I just listed the books I started reading? :-)

I gave you an award over on my blog!!

Sandee said...

The only one that I have read is the Bible (from start to finish). I guess that's a good thing. Have a great TT. :)

Beautimous said...

Daddy, check out my new blog!!

Nicholas said...

Interesting list, though I haven't read any of them. I think attributing that authorship for #7 is rather fanciful!