About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, October 29, 2007

100 Things About Me: My "100th" Blog

Ok, this is really my 104th post so forgive me! I like what my wife said about her post of 100 Things About Her in honor of her 100th Blog. So I am going to copy her. Here goes.


1. I was born in Texarkana, Arkansas. My sister was born in the same city but on the Texas side of the border. (It's just so not fair!)

2. My earliest memory was getting a big fire truck for Christmas. It was so big you could sit on it. My parents tell me I got this truck when I was 10 months old.

3. My earliest memories of pets were, a Beagle named Pokey, a black cat named Blackie, and a horse named Dixie.

4. I am very afraid of heights and being swarmed by small insects.

5. I love listening to the musical scores of movies (my favorites are Superman, Pirates of the Caribbean & Battlestar Galactica)

6. I am a big fan of VeggieTales.

7. I got my first real kiss at age 21.

8. I am a sucker when it comes to buying stuffed animals.

9. I have written the lyrics to 14 songs. All are copyrighted but none have been recorded with music.

10. I have published a book -- "Messengers From Heaven: A Biblical Look at Angles".

11. My high school mascot was Buckeyes! We are still only one of two schools in the nation to have this as a mascot. The other is Ohio State University.

12. I played trombone in the band. I played it for 9 years.

13. While played trombone in the band for Tyler Jr. College, I actually was part of recording a song for a major motion picture's musical score, but ultimately the song was edited from the movie. (Dang it!)

14. I marched in a parade in Disney World, Florida as part of my High School Band.

15. I marched in two Cotton Bowl parades as part of the Tyler Jr. College Apache Band.

16. I marched as part of the half-time show in three different professional football games as part of the Tyler Jr. College Apache Band.

17. I have a Bachelor's Degree in History from Abilene Christian University.

18. The first words my wife ever said to me were, "Are you a real cowboy, or do you just dress like one?"

19. I have never used any illegal drugs...EVER!

20. I have never been drunk! EVER!

21. Foghorn Leghorn is my favorite Looney Tunes character.

22. When I was a child I used to pretend I was a super-hero named The Cheetah. Later my son told me he wanted to be a super-hero called The Cheetah, before he even knew I used to pretend the same thing.

23. I was reading a copy of John Grisham's book, The Chamber, when my wife was in labor. I would just hide it, when she woke up and went into contractions.

24. I like to hunt deer and fish.

25. My favorite movie is To Kill a Mockingbird. It is also my favorite book.

26. My favorite food is Tacos.

27. I used to cook chicken-fried venison for dates in college.

28. I took three different girls to watch the movie, The Little Mermaid in college.

29. I also took three different girls to watch the movie, Ghost as well.

30. I once had a girl pretend to like me, just so I would buy tickets and take her to a George Strait concert.

31. I would really like to see Jimmy Buffett live in concert.

32. I once met and shook the hand of George W. Bush, before he was President of the United States.

33. I also performed in a half-time show for the Dallas Mavericks as part of the Tyler Jr. College Apache Band. (They were playing the L.A. Lakers.)

34. I currently teach G.E.D. classes at Kilgore College-Longview.

35. Before that I taught 11 years in the public schools.

36. I love cats and have owned several black cats throughout my life.

37. I once owned a cat who could climb trees, even though he was declawed.

38. I have had my appendix removed.

39. I have also had my tonsils removed.

40. I had braces "twice."

41. I have only broken one bone in my life. It was my left collar bone.

42. I once lived in a house with a street number of 666.

43. I have owned 3 pet rabbits in my life.

44. I once owned a bird called Bonkers. He was "murdered" by one of our cats.

45. I want to set foot on all seven continents before I die. (Two down, 5 to go!)

46. My favorite childhood book is, Alexander and the Magic Mouse.

47. I was a member of the U.S. Army Reserves for 10 years.

48. I achieved the rank of 2nd Lieutenant before I left the service.

49. I am a huge fan of the original Star Trek TV show.

50. I know the first, middle and last names of all 43 Presidents of the United States.

51. I can say and sing the alphabet backwards as easily as I can forwards.

52. My favorite baseball team is the Texas Rangers.

53. I like to cook.

54. I know how to sew.

55. I have published articles for Encyclopedia USA.

56. I cannot spell the word mispelled...darn it...misspelled.

57. I once went to the store to buy some marshmellows only to call my wife and tell her I could not find them. All I could find were marshmallows. (Blush with embarrassment!)

58. I have been to Germany.

59. I got bifocals my junior year in college.

60. I like reading Junie B. Jones books.

61. I own the entire orginal series collection of "The Three Investigators" Mystery Series.

62. My Halloween costume for this year (2207) is Jack Sparrow from the movies Pirates of the Caribbean.

63. I can find any country on the planet (on a globe) in less than 5 seconds.

64. I almost won $1,000,000 in a McDonald's Monopoly game. I had Park Place, and a student of mine had Boardwalk. His father would not let us split the money, because he wanted his son to learn to earn his own money, not win it through a contest. By the time I convinced him to change his mind, the contest had ended.

65. My worst nightmare is one in which I fall and "bounce" only to fall even further than I did before.

66. Once while fishing with my father, a professional fisherman paid me money and gave me some free lures and bait to use a large bass, that I had caught, so he could "catch" it, over and over a gain, for his show.

67. I have had 4 cavities during my lifetime.

68. My first car was a used 1977 Buick Limited. It was an ugly lime green color, with a faded roof. "I nicknamed it, The Big Green Algae Machine."

69. I secretly like cartoons like "Spongebob Squarepants" & "Pokemon"!

70. I hate the sound of Styrofoam rubbing together.

71. I am allergic to penicillin.

72. I currently own a dog named Schnitzel.

73. The only High School sport I ever played was golf. (I played one year as a junior.)

74. I once pretended to be a rape victim, to help a local Rape Crisis Center to train police officers how to interview and be sensitive to victims of sex crimes.

75. I once played a donkey in an Elementary school play about Aesop's Fables.

76. I was bullied when I was in school.

77. I was a member of the Future Farmers of America as a freshman in High School.

78. I am an alumni member of the Nu Zeta chapter of Alpha Phi Omega (a National Service Fraternity.)

79. I had to go to Mexico in order to pass my 2nd year of Spanish in college. By being forced to speak the language, I finally learned it well enough to pass.

80. While in Mexico I saw the movie, "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" starring Kevin Costner, in Spanish.

81. While in Mexico I visited the ancient city of Teotihuacan. It was here I climbed the Pyramid of the Sun.

82. My favorite ice-cream flavor is "Vanilla!"

83. My daughter says, "I am a the best daddy ever!"

84. I like doing the laundry and the dishes.

85. I would like to watch a live baseball game at every Major League Baseball ballpark.

86. I like to watch certain blockbuster movies on opening night.

87. I secretly wish to run for public office. (I want to be a U.S. Senator!)

88. I do not like spinning rides at amusement parks or fairs.

89. I wish they would bring back the comic strips, Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County.

90. I cast my first vote for President in 1988 for George H.W. Bush.

91. I played little league baseball and youth soccer.

92. I like to watch the T.V. show Ghost Hunters.

93. I think I have seen a ghost! Really! When I was younger, shortly after my Grand-pa died.

94. I was once slapped by a wet noodle.

95. I like looking for the hidden needles in Country and Country Extra magazines.

96. If I had to eat one color in a box of crayons, I would eat the color called, Macaroni and Cheese.

97. I have downloaded close to 300 80's songs from Limewire. Now I am just waiting for me to get an I-Pod to put them on.

98. I still think the sound of someone farting is funny. (not the smell though)

99. I was almost stabbed by my college roommate once as I was sleepwalking through our house at night. He thought I was an intruder.

100. I once snuck into a Texas Rangers baseball game so I would not have my ticket ripped in half. The ticket was signed by Rickey Henderson before the game. We were both eating at The Black Eyed Pea.

No comments: