About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Essences & A Wet Noodle

My family now has a new addiction. It is a video game called My Sims for the Nintendo Wii. In this game you are an architect who is called upon to rebuild a town and restore it to its former glory. It is a simple game and very fun to play. While playing the game you collect something called "essences" to enhance your building projects. One of the essences is called a "Happy Essence", which looks like a smiley face. Last night I put on a pair of Smiley Face boxers to sleep in. When my wife saw them, she commented how I have "Happy Essences" on my bottom.

Yesterday evening while sitting around the dinner table eating noodles and shrimp, my son commented that in the Lemony Snicket books, there was a character who hit people with a wet noodle. That got my wife and I to make comments about how we used to say, "I'm going to beat you with a wet noodle," a lot when we were younger. About the time dinner was ending, we started to look at the kid's report cards. (All A's and B's by the way.) My son had a note from his Science teacher with his card. (It was a good note.) As my wife started to read the note, I was being silly and started to say, "Dear Parents, your child has been a bad boy!" My son said, "Daddy, that's not funny," and then he hit me with a noodle. Literally. He slapped me in the head with a wet noodle. If it wasn't so funny, I might have gotten a little upset. But we all had good laugh over it. Especially my daughter.

No comments: