About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Today's Prayer to God

Heavenly Father,

I am so glad you love me despite the fact that I keep "getting lost" while on Earth. I apologize for not spending time with You last week. I both intentionally and unintentionally "forgot" to do my morning Bible study and devotional time with You. It took its toll on me. All last week I had trouble concentrating, and focusing. I was unfocused at work and I was unfocused in prayer. I couldn't seem to say what I wanted to say when I tried to pray. I became even more of a grouch that I normally am, and I exasperated my children and frustrated my wife. I do not like acting this way and I ask for Your forgiveness. Please help me to refocus myself and get back on the right path. Thank You for patiently waiting for me to come back to You.

Please bless my wife and my efforts to be more responsible with our finances, by following Financial Peace University. We desperately wish to honor You with our money as much as we try to honor You with the rest of our daily lives. Please send an angel to give me a good thump on the head whenever I wish eat "fast food" for lunches rather than eat what we already have at home.

Help me in my continued efforts to become a better teacher at my work. Help me to stay focused and be assertive when it comes to correcting the few instances of misbehavior I have with my adult students. Keep me healthy so I do not miss days at work as well.

Bless my children at home and at school. Help me to be a coach not a dictator when it comes to discipline or helping them solve problems. Help me to work with their Bible Class curriculum to improve their relationships with You. Bless their teachers to teach my children what they need to know.

You, O Lord, are such a Wonderful and Mighty God. You alone make sense in this crazy world. You alone are consistent in Your ways. You alone speak truth in our culture full of lies. Your word alone truly sustains me from day to day. You alone can save me from myself. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice so that I may live! I am so glad I am Your child. Through your Spirit I pray, Amen

No comments: