About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Junie B. Jones and Calvin & Hobbes

Who is Junie B. Jones, you ask? Well let me tell you! She is one of the funniest fictional characters I have ever read about. Junie B. Jones was created by author, Barbara Park. Junie B. started her adventures in Kindergarten and has now moved on to 1st Grade. My daughter brought home some of the Junie B. Jones books from school, and we started to read them together as a family. Now we own the entire collection. My family and I have laughed out loud at the humor and we have cried at the touching moments that Barbara Park puts into the books. You can't help but love Junie B. Jones. For more information about Junie B. Jones click on picture of the book to go to her official web-site. My family and I anxiously awaits the next book in the series.

As far as Calvin & Hobbes goes...there has never been a funnier comic strip created. At least that's my opinion anyway. Calvin is a young fellow, abt. 7 yrs old, and he has a pet tiger named Hobbes. Well, the tiger is really a stuffed animal that may or may not be alive. Created by Bill Waterson, the Calvin & Hobbes comics is loosely based on the philosophical theories of John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes, as told through the eyes of young Calvin and his stuffed tiger Hobbes. (click here for a cool web-site dedicated to Calvin & Hobbes) Calvin reminds me of my son and how he interacts with the world. Never a dull moment with him. Here is an example of the humor of Bill Waterson... I hope you enjoy it. For more info about Calvin & Hobbes and their books (click here). Click on the comic page to see a larger, readable version.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Yeah....I love Junie and Calvin, too!! I am surprised we haven't had more parent-teacher conferences (knock on wood)!