About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!

Tomorrow (Sept. 19th) is my 15th Wedding Anniversary!! I am writing today because tomorrow will be a busy day and I might not have time to write. 15 Years of ups and downs and I have no problem saying, "I think God has blessed me with the most beautiful and wonderful bride on the planet!" No offense to you other fellas!

I still remember the day we first met. It was in January of 1992. We were both students at Abilene Christian University. I was an active member of Alpha Phi Omega, a National Service Fraternity, and my bride to be was becoming a pledge. The members were wearing all black, I guess to look intimidating, while the prospective pledges wore old shirts and jeans. I happened to be wearing a black cowboy hat and black boots, along with my black jeans and shirt. I was also wearing a large black overcoat that I had from the military. As I passed by the pledges, who were kneeling before us, this cute blond pledge looked up and asked me, "Are you a real cowboy or do you just dress that way?" I think my response was something along the lines of, "Pledges aren't supposed to be talking." But she did catch my attention. Later after all the initiation rituals and activities were over, the members and new pledges went to eat at a local all-night diner. We just happened to sit at the same booth. Her best friend sat in between her and me. During our conversations I reached around her best friend and gave my future bride a little scratch on her shoulder to get her attention. My wife tells me she remembers that little gesture very fondly.

We officially started "dating" later that Spring. By the time summer began I knew that she was the one for me. I asked her to marry me in June. We were married in September. I honestly have to say I love my wife more today than I did the day I married her. We have grown so much over the years and despite a few downs here and there, we are more committed to our marriage now than ever. I make up for our lack of dating time, by taking her out on monthly dates and to Bed and Breakfast twice a year. I still lose my breath when I see her all dressed up. Even when she is not "dressed up," I still can't stop looking at her. She has the most beautiful smile and her eyes sparkle when she laughs; not to mention her sexy legs. She is my best friend, my lover and my soul mate. We share similar dreams and she is the best mother to my children. God has truely blessed me!

Happy Anniversary!! (Does this count as a card?) Just kidding!

4 comments:

Tech Daddy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Congratulations on 15 years.

Randolph Finder said...

Congratulations! I'm in a somewhat similar situation. My wife and I are both brothers, however from different schools. I met her while on Sectional Staff while her chapter was in the chartering process. We married after she graduated from college. Our Wedding Anniversary is September 18th! Yesterday made 12 years for us!

YiLFS
Randolph Finder

Mr. E said...

My wife and I were part of the Nu Zeta Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega. We were one of the last 4 chapters in the nation that was not co-ed when I joined. We voted to "let the women in" the next semester.

penguinsandladybugs said...

15 fantabulous years....kinda :) What are you doing for the next 15? I'm not busy, wanna do them with me? I love you!