About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Who I Worship

My daily Bible Study today reminded me of why I choose to worship my LORD God. While others I know worship money, science, movie/music stars, Allah, Buddha, other false gods, themselves or even Satan, I choose to worship and serve the one true God. Here is why;

Psalm 95: 3-5 "For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hands are the depth of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him. The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 96:4-6 "For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and glory are in His sanctuary." Psalm 97:1-6 "The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice. Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundations of His throne. Fire goes before Him and consumes His foes on every side. His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the LORD of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness, and all the peoples see His glory." and Psalm 99: 1-3 "The LORD reigns, let the nations tremble; He sits enthroned between the cherubim, let the earth shake. Great is the LORD in Zion; He is exalted over all the nations. Let them praise your great and awesome name -- He is holy." My God is a powerful and mighty God and He alone is worthy of my worship.

I not only worship my God because of His power, but also because of His tender side. The side of God that cares for me as a father does his child and a shepherd does his sheep. Psalm 95: 6-7 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care." Psalm 97: 10-12 "Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for He guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. Light is shed upon the righteous and joy upon the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise His holy name. Psalm 100: 3 and 5 "Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." I John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished upon us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" My God cares for me! He does not leave me to the mercy of the world. He will deliver me from evil. I am His child. Awesome!

The main reason I worship my God though, is the fact that He loved me so much, He was willing to sacrifice part of Himself to die as a man, so that I can live with Him forever in Grace through Jesus the Christ. John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into this world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."

Satan, Allah, Buddha, Aliens, Hindu or self-created Mormon gods did not create the earth. Rock/Movie stars did not and would not die for me so that I can spend eternity with God. I cannot save myself. There is only One God and it is Him alone I will worship!

No comments: