About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Trying to Beat An Unhealthy Addiction

I have an admission to make, I am addicted to food! I have put on 10 pounds this summer! I have been eating out of control. Not being being able to get outside much is not helping either. I am eating when I'm bored, and I when I find something good, I just keep eating, even after I am full. I'm not eating because I don't think we don't have enough food. We have plenty of food in our pantry's and fridge. I think I am mainly eating due to boredom and I just like to eat. I need to lose about 12 pounds to be back to my healthy weight or at least put on more muscle weight to justify the weight gain. All the extra fat I am packing on, is being stored around my gut and a little bit in my face. I don't get fatter in my arms, legs, thighs or butt. I have been told that getting a fat "beer belly", even though I am not a drinker, is not a good sign of health. A fat gut is supposedly not good on your heart and heart disease runs in my family.

As a result of this admission, I am going to start a diet, Weight Watchers, and an exercise program. My beautiful wife has video tapes and DVD's of the "Walk Away the Pounds" program, that I will use on odd numbered days of the month. I know these two programs work, because my wife once lost over 50 pounds doing these two things. If I don't walk at home, I will walk around my neighborhood. If it ever quits raining, I have a couple of one mile and two mile routes mapped out, that I can walk. My kids and my dog, love to walk with me so it can be a family thing.

I ask GOD's blessings with my new plans for better health. If I let GOD be the center of this new endeavor, I will succeed.

P.S. - I got the job I interviewed for in my last post. It is only part time for now, but it has potential. So in the meantime, I need another part time job, to balance out and fully replace my old income. Thanks be to my GOD for this blessing and I continue to seek his guidance and wisdom in my further searches for income.

No comments: