About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Marriage Conference

My wife and I attended a marriage conference this weekend as part of our commitment to each other to keep our marriage strong and growing. The speakers were Bill & Pam Farrel, the authors of Men Are Like Waffles - Women Are Like Spaghetti. It was a great conference. I learned many new points about how men and women communicate, forgiveness, raising children, and intimacy. I am very glad we went. I still feel that if men would love their wives as Jesus loves the church, and women would show their husbands respect as the Bible teaches, then every marriage would grow with God's blessings overflowing. As a result of this conference I have a few more books to recommend to people wishing to improve their relationships with their spouse and their parenting. All the books are written by Bill and Pam Farrel. On parenting their is The 10 Best Decisions Every Parent Can Make. On marriage; Every Marriage Is a Fixer-Upper and Red Hot Monogamy.

I love my wife dearly and she is a blessing from God. I am so in love with her, as a mother, a friend, a wife and a lover. I am committed to growing with her Spiritually in God. I pray daily that God blesses her and our marriage. I pray that God blesses our children, also blessings from God. I want each of our children to find the treasures God has placed in them that makes them special and unique to the world. I am a blessed man and no one can tell me otherwise.

No comments: