About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, February 3, 2012

My Favorite Movie of All Time, Turns 50!

My favorite movie of all time turns 50 years old this year. Obviously I was not around when it first debuted in theaters, but this movie has impacted me in so many different ways. It taught me that a true "Hero" does not have to have super powers or a lot of money. A Hero just has to have a good moral character and the determination to do what is right, necessary and just when it needs to be done. The book upon which this movie was based, just also happens to be my favorite book.

This book/movie confronts man's faulty view of others due to race, poverty, single parenthood and mental disability and teaches us that just because your skin color is different, you have no money, you have a weirdness about you, or you happen to be a single parent, you still have the right to be treated with dignity, respect, justice and compassion. The names Atticus, Jem and Jean Louise "Scout" Finch, Tom Robinson, Arthur "Boo" Radley and Bob and Mayella Ewell will forever be etched into my memory.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your Father's passin'."

Happy 50th Anniversary to To Kill A Mockingbird!

No comments: