About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Former Student the next American Idol?

A former student of mine, Laura Lee Bishop, is going to Hollywood as one of the new contestants on American Idol. This clip shows her talking about her inspirations and hopes as a singer. I wish her well and be watching her take the title of 2012 American Idol. (In case you read this Laura; I hope using your picture was ok!)

She is not the only former student to be somewhat successful; Three years ago another former Manuel Johnson was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and played in a couple of games for them before being cut at the end of the 2010 season. I am no longer a fan of the Cowboys. Manuel was one my best students and I am sure he will be more than successful even if he never plays another professional game.

I have several former students who have followed in my footsteps and are now Teachers and others who are Youth Ministers, Lawyers, and other professionals. I am proud of almost all my former students, even if I did not mention you by name.

(Update: Feb. 18, 2012 -- Just found out, officially, that Laura did not advance to Las Vegas from "Hollywood Week." I still think she is better than some of those that did advance!)

No comments: