About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Ready for some Baseball, Ranger Style!

With just a few more days until the start of Spring Training: I am ready for some baseball. I don't watch football much any more, and I am not a big fan of basketball at all. Hockey doesn't interest me, neither does NASCAR, so I'm ready for some Texas Rangers baseball.

I am excited about the new season. It will be interesting to see how Neftali Feliz and Yu Darvish will fit into the rotation. Can Colby Lewis keep the ball in the park and can Matt Harrison and Derek Holland improve on their best seasons yet?

I am hoping Joe Nathan returns to form in the bullpen and that Scott Feldman, Alexi Orgando, Mark LoweMike Adams and the others have great seasons as well.

Can Mitch Moreland recover from injury enough to help us forget we even thought about signing Prince Fielder? To help with that question we still need team leader, Michael Young to play like the true Hall of Famer I believe him to be. If Mike Napoli and Adrian Beltre play like they did last year then I will be very happy. Now that Ian Kinsler is 100% healthy he should be an even better lead off hitter. Elvis Andrus need to improve on his defense to make me feel better about him.

If we can keep Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz healthy the entire season, we will have an outfield to be reckoned with. I love David Murphy as our "super outfielder" and Craig Gentry should mature into a more complete center fielder this year.

Under the capable leadership of Manager: Ron Washington, Pitching Coach: Mike Maddux, and the rest of the coaching staff, the Rangers should beat out division rivals the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, again at least this year, to win the division again and hopefully make another trip to the World Series. Win it this time!

No comments: