About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8 - The Barista is Back

Today I am covering a shift for a fellow barista, at the Starbucks in Midlothian, TX. It has been about 6 months since I last worked at a Starbucks; however, I am excited to be a barista again. I worked as a barista for the Starbucks in Longview, TX for over a year and it was my favorite "part-time" job I have ever had. I hope I still have my skills.

Separate and apart from working at Starbucks; I have survived one week without any soft drinks, such as Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, IBC Cream Soda, etc... I was told by a doctor to avoid caffeinated drinks to try and help some acid re-flux problems I have been having. I can't give up my morning cup of coffee, but I can cut out the over sweetened colas and I don't have to drink a free cup of coffee every time I work a shift at Starbucks. I may even loose some weight doing this; if I can also control my eating. The longest I have ever gone without a soft drink was back in 2008, when I went from January 1 - February 26. I went out to eat on my birthday and I drank a Dr. Pepper. I think I can go longer this time!

No comments: