About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 -- Time to Do The Work

In an effort to make some changes in my life; I am about to start a program that should help me change my way of thinking about some things. Although undiagnosed, I probably suffer from OCD and other social anxiety disorders. This tends to play havoc with my personal and professional life. This program should help with both of those issues.

The program is called The Work of Byron Katie. According to her site this work is "a way to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the fear, violence, depression, frustration and suffering in the world. Experience the happiness of undoing those thoughts through The Work, and allow your mind to return to its true awakened, peaceful, creative nature."

I am going to get me good notepad and take some good notes and try to apply the lessons taught in the Work and hopefully I will be a better person for it. I have listened to a couple of her sessions before, but I was not really listening, so I'm trying again, with a new focus. Wish me the best.

No comments: