About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Am Not Setting Foot in Wal-Mart Again!

I have finally been pushed over the edge. I am boycotting Wal-Mart, even if it cost me more to buy my products elsewhere!

Wal-Mart has been known in recent years for not only offering products and good prices but also for their lack of customer services. It is this lack of customer service that is causing me to shop elsewhere. 

This morning, before church, I went grocery shopping. At least 5 times I walked down aisles with employees working and I was never acknowledged. Three times I had trouble finding specific products and when I finally found someone who recognized I was there and asking them a question, they just looked at me and said, "I don't know." and went right back to work. One nice lady did finally help me, but I cannot give her any credit, because she was not wearing a name tag. When I finally reached the check out lanes, I started to walk up to an open register. The employee was starting to walk off and when she saw me coming, she let out a big sigh and said, "Crap, my relief shift should have been here by now, and I need to go." She reluctantly started to ring up purchases, the whole time letting out signs and complaining that she, "really needed to go." (Go where? to the bathroom, home, on break?) When I paid for my purchases, she just slapped the change back into my hand, after looking on the receipt to make sure she had the correct amount, and said in a frustrated tone, "Come back." 

No! I will not go back! I am tired of being treated like an "Untouchable" to be looked down on. I am tired of waiting almost an hour, at times, to check out, when there are lanes that could be opened. I am tired of being ignored by employees, that is if I can find one to even help me when I need help. I am tired of managers making excuses about why, "they have a hard time finding good employees." I am tired of Wal-Mart and their crappy attitude. 

I am taking my business elsewhere. I don't care if it cost me more money, I will not step foot in another Wal-Mart until I hear a public announcement that Wal-Mart, Inc., is making steps to improve customer service nation wide. 

Join me in my boycott! Wal-Mart will never improve unless we take a chunk out of their profits. 

4 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Calm down, Mark. You had a bad experience at Wal-Mart. You'll get the same thing at any other store where the employees are paid minimum wage and have no incentive to stay.

Anonymous said...

if you start boycotting for poor service then you will shop no where. i spent 20 minutes at allsups convenience store yesterday as the cler was counting, and recounting, $300 worth of $20s to make a deposit. he was stumped. so poor service isn't just walmart, it is everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I think that if you're going to boycott WalMart, you can better reasons than how you were treated. How about what they've done to our economy, or the economy of developing nations?

penguinsandladybugs said...

So what you guys are saying is that we just accept rude and unacceptable service just because they are helping our economy, or that poor service is everywhere?

I was taught by the majority of my former managers to be courteous to the customer, to know where to find products in the store (didn't matter if it was my department or not), how to count change back to the customer (not just quote the register or receipt), and the managers are directly responsible for the behavior of their employees.

None of this is happening at Wal-Mart. If an eating establishment gave you bad service you would not wish to go back, because there are plenty of other eating places out there; however, with Wal-Mart quickly becoming a monopoly, there are few other places to go to for your general merchandise.

Big business will never learn, if the consumers do not stand up for themselves. Just like the government will slowly take away our rights if we keep allowing them to do so. We have to start standing up for what is right somewhere, and I am starting with Wal-Mart.