About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baseball Season is Coming!

The 2009 Major League Baseball Season is almost upon us and I am excited. I have been keeping up with the Spring Training games and my Texas Rangers are looking good. They may not be division winners (or Wild Card contenders) yet, but I think they have enough to hold onto their 2nd Place finish from last year.

They have an exciting crop of young pitchers waiting to make their marks on the team. If the "recovering wounded" pitchers heal completely, then we will have a pretty good pitching staff this year. Of course our offense will sizzle, and I can' t wait to see how Josh Hamilton does this year. I read his book, Beyond Belief, in three days last week. I highly recommend it to others.
For as long as I remember, I have always loved baseball. I wish I had the talent to play professionally, but alas I do good to try and play softball on occasion or throw the ball around with my kids. I am seriously considering using the money from a travel reimbursement check to to have a Rangers Weekend with my best friend, and buying tickets to a 3 day weekend series at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. We would stay at a hotel nearby and just soak up the Rangers for a few days. (I still need to bounce this idea off my bride, Jamie, first.)
I am so ready for Baseball!

No comments: