About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations and Prayers for the New President Elect

Congratulations to Sen. Barack Obama & Sen. Joe Biden on their victory in the 2008 Presidential Elections. It is truly an historical event.

My prayers go out to Sen. Obama. The problems this nation are facing are daunting and I sincerely hope his promises of "Change" are changes for the better. I pray that his "faith" outweighs his commitment to the "party" and that he includes God in all of his decisions. I hope Obama does a great job as President, proving once and for all that a minority can hold the office of and perform the duties of President of the United States successfully.

My prayers go out to the family of Sen. Obama. It is very hard to be the wife or the child of the President of the United States. I pray that they work hard to keep God in their lives so that the pressures of office do not tear his family apart. I also pray for their safety. Their are many "crazy" people out their who will now set their focus on bringing harm to Obama and his family. I pray that God's power will keep them safe.

My prayers go out to Sen. McCain as well. I pray that his message of bi-partisanship continues as he now has to work with a Senate controlled by the opposite party. I pray that he genuinely works with President Obama to bring real and significant change to America.

God has a reason for Obama becoming President of the United States. God will use Obama and the Democratic Congress for His purposes, even if we have no clue what they are. Unlike many Americans, I am not afraid or scared. My faith that God is in control prevents that. It is that lack of faith that makes people afraid or scared.

I may or may not have voted for Barack Obama, but I will support him as my President, according to God's will. I hope all Americans will do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I join you in praying for the country and our new President.

I was one of those who voted for Senator Obama and Senator Biden. I was proud and excited to do so. I believe that he will always do what he believes to be in the best interests of the American people.

Nevertheless, I must say that, as I do have a great deal of respect for Senator McCain. I supported him in 2000, and I rooted for him to win the Republican nomination this year.

I find it more than a little sad that no veteran of the Vietnam war is likely to ever serve as Commander-in-Chief. It is a generation of servicemen and servicewomen that probably should have been represented among the pantheon of American Presidents.

Mr. E said...

I agree, we have had two war hero's run for President recently and both of them lost for what I can only see is because of their age. (Dole & McCain) I do agree that Vietnam veterans are a lost generation. I believe the Gulf War veterans will also be lost unless the American attitude about this war on terrorism changes.