About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Unbelievable...Josh Hamilton!

Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton put on a spectacular show at this year's MLB All-Star Game Home Run Derby. Hamilton hit 28 home runs in the first round, 4 more in the second, and then hit 4 more in the final round. I was practically yelling for joy for Josh every time the ball sailed over the fence. To bad for Josh that fellow AL All-Star Justin Morneau, of the Minnesota Twins, hit 6 in the final round to become the 2008 Home Run Derby Champion. I really thought it was great that Josh Hamilton thanked, "My LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ," for his success in overcoming his life's problems and success in the Derby. Way to go Josh! (Hamilton is pictured on the left in the photo, Morneau is on the right)

On a more personal note: I have a "third and final" interview with the Longview Wellness Center about the job as Healthy Marriage Outreach Coordinator. Keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I hate your guts!!!!!

Ok, that wasn't nice. You don't have to go and rub it in. Remember that I told you your team was getting someone special, right? Sure, Edinson Volquez is great, but teams KILL for the likes of a Josh Hamilton. He hit 13 out in a row.

Josh is the man.

Hey, how easy is it for you to get low-cost Hamilton shirts down there? I may need to make an arrangement to send you some money for a shirt that would be hard to find up here.

On another note, I want you to check out THIS PAGE:

http://lovetruthandjustice.blogspot.com/

It's my friend, Jeff's blog. He is a Catholic believer and a very good writer. I think you'd enjoy reading and contributing here.

Roger

Mr. E said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new blog. I was at the Texas Rangers game on Saturday (they lost to the White Sox) and I checked out Josh Hamilton shirts. They ranged anywhere from $35.00 to $60.00 depending if you just wanted a t-shirt or a jersey type shirt. You may be better off buying one off e-bay or off MLB.com Stores. I'm not sure where else to get a Hamilton shirt other than at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, TX.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

It's too bad he used up all of his energy in the 1st round. He was clearly the winner and Morneau knew it.