About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Waiting and More Waiting

Waiting seems to be my occupation at the present time.

As of today I am waiting to hear back from my latest job interview. It went very well, so well in fact that I was called back for a second interview and they have started to check my work references. That's good right? I should know by the end of the day or at the latest , Tuesday of next week. So, that leaves me waiting. (I will continue to scour the want-ads in the meantime though, just in case.)

I am also waiting for 3:30p.m. to arrive. This is the time I get off work today. After work my wife and I will be heading back to Howe, TX to pick up our children. They have been spending a week with their cousins (my wife's sister's kids). Before we head home; however, we will be going to watch the Texas Rangers play baseball on Saturday. I am really anxious to go to this game. So, once again I am waiting. Dang clock!

What can I learn from all this waiting? God works on His own schedule, not mine. God has always provided for my family (despite some very stupid mistakes on our part) and he does it on His own good time. Several times when my wife and I have been looking for jobs, God has literally waited until the last day to provide us with our new job. He seems to be doing this again with my recent job search. I really need to learn to be still and patient; listen to what God is trying to tell me. I am trying God, I am trying. While I am waiting though, could you take away my OCD so I am not freaking out during all of this waiting? : )

No comments: