About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, July 7, 2008

IM SAVD

The State of South Carolina is planning to issue personalized license plates for Christians. Some people; however, are extremely upset about this. They are claiming this a clear violation of the "separation of church and state" laws.

I say "Nonsense!" This is the biggest bunch of hooey I have ever seen. Why can't I personalize my license plate. I can put on my plate what college I attended, what sports team I like, semi-vulgar messages in code (such as the title of my blog), but I cannot put my religious preference on my plates. If I pay to have the state print my plate, why can't I put my religious beliefs on my license plate. The state is not forcing me to put a particular religious belief or idea on my car, I am choosing to do so.

I think it is time for Christians to stand up to the government and claim "reverse discrimination". In the interest of not forcing a religious belief on others, the anti-religious folks are not allowing anyone to practice their religion at all.

Go, South Carolina...print those plates. Good for you!

No comments: