About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Calling All Prayer Warriors, We Need Some Prayers

The Devil seems very determined to keep my family from having a great summer.
It's time we do a little fighting back! So pray hard fellow saints, pray hard!

First prayer request...My wife, Jamie, had her first mammogram early last month. (Click here for more information about that.) It seemed the doctor found something so they scheduled her for a follow up visit, which happened today. After a second test, the doctor decided to perform a biopsy on the "abnormality". It is probably not anything to worry about, but of course we are concerned. Her mother and both her grand-mothers are survivors of breast cancer.

Second prayer request...I found out today that the Adult Education Program at Kilgore College is doing a little "reorganization" and as a result, I will no longer be employed as of July 31st. So, just like last summer, I will be job hunting. So far I have found out that 3 school districts near me, including my last employer, are looking for Social Studies or History teachers. I am even checking out a possible General Manager position at a local hotel chain. It's a start.

Third prayer request... My wife and I wish you to pray for the success of our new home-based business. We recently signed up to be on-line travel agents. If you wish to book a vacation, come check us out at Four English Peas Travel. We want more than anything to honor God with this new business. So pray that we do just that.

One thing to know about us is, that we fully believe that God will lead us through all of this! After all He is the God of "Miracles and Wonders" according to Psalms.

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

WOW! I'll be praying for you guys. We had the mammogram scare last year and have a check up next month. I hope you can rest in God in all of this. I know that I'd be struggling right now.