About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Plans

Thanks to the current "crisis" in the prices of gasoline, our Memorial Day plans will not involve travel. We plan to stay home for the weekend and maybe grill some burgers and watch a movie. I am hoping that we get to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Krystal Skull. If we can't do that we may just have a family "camp out" in our living room and watch some movies on the DVD player.

Since Texas is having a "tax free" weekend to encourage the purchasing of energy saving appliances, I plan on going to Wal-Mart or some other store to buy two or three new ceiling fans to replace some that are no longer working properly. I might spend part of my holiday weekend working on that.

It is supposed to rain in our part of Texas this weekend, which means I will probably spend Memorial Day (Monday) mowing my yard, unless I get it done this afternoon. Maybe I can convince the kids it will be fun to go through all their "summer" clothes and sort out what fits and what does not. That will surely make Monday a special family day. (Ha-Ha!) Not to mention I will be filling out some new job applications. (See Previous Blog)

Oh yea, I almost forgot...our family just purchased Wii Fit, which is a family game designed by Nintendo for the Wii System. It incorporates many different levels of physical fitness and health activities that you can work on. Wii Fit, measures your weight and helps you set goals to loose or gain your needed pounds. It also gives suggestions and tips to eating healthy, exercising, and maintaining good posture. The best part is it makes it fun. You can do Yoga, do strength exercises, aerobic exercises and exercises to improve your balance. So far our family loves it.

No comments: