About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Dowell House (Our B&B Experience)

My wife Jamie and I just got back from our stay at The Dowell House, which is a B&B in McKinney, TX. We stayed in The Chardonnay Room, which had a hot tub on a private balcony. Out stay was very nice. After spending some time in the hot tub, Jamie and I were so relaxed we could barely stay awake to watch a little TV before going into a nice relaxed sleep. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bath accommodations were fantastic.

The breakfast this morning was delicious. We had Baked French Toast with a cream cheese filling, some sausage and some fruit. Our host were very friendly and we had a nice breakfast conversation with them and two sisters who were also staying in at the B&B.

While milling around in McKinney my bride Jamie introduced me to two restaurants that I had never eaten at before. We had a nice lunch at Pei Wei, an Asian style place, where we ate their famous Lettuce Wraps. Yummy! Later for Diner we ate at Cafe Brazil, a coffee house with a breakfast style menu. We split an order of Chicken Crepes with a spicy sauce, some Rosemary potatoes and toast. We also had two cups of coffee each, of course.

Now it's off to LTC this evening in Dallas. The events are held at the Dallas Regency Hyatt Hotel where we stay for one night. I'm sure the kids will do fine in the events they are participating in.

No comments: