About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Upcoming Road Trip

Next week I will be taking a road-trip with some of my co-workers to Corpus Christi, TX. We will be attending a conference there from Wednesday the 27th until Saturday March 1st. This means a 9 hour drive there and another 9 hour drive back! Yuck!

What makes this trip interesting is; 1) It is the day after my birthday (but that is another blog), and most importantly 2) I will be taking the trip with three older women. Not only are these ladies at least 10 years my senior, they are all originally from different countries. Each has their own unique accent when they are speaking. They also have the ability to not get along so well with each other.

The first lady is originally from Poland. She has a very thick Polish/Slavic accent and she is very talkative. She goes into much detail about everything and it tends to be a little over dramatic. The second lady is from Puerto Rico. I know it's not really another country, but her accent is a very thick and proper Spanish accent. She tends to be the "Diva" of our group and she can be very judgemental about others, especially our Polish co-worker. The third lady is originally from St. Lucia, which is a island nation in the Caribbean. Her accent is also a little tough to understand and she is also a no nonsense kind of person. She dosen't like to mess around with anyone. She is very direct and says what she means.

As for me, I am the designated driver. They have chosen me to drive the entire length of the trip. That is fine with me, because I don't want to talk to them much. They are nice to talk to when they are seperate from each other, but all together...AHHH! I think I will just plug my wife's I-Pod into my ears and just drive. Plus, there is just the fact I am the only guy going, already makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I have told them to just tap me on the arm when they need to take a potty break or it is time to eat. I will have my directions and map with me and I plan on getting there and back as fast as (5 miles over the speed limit) I can!

Pray they don't drive me crazy and I don't drive them crazy either. I'm sure the trip will be fine, I just think it will be interesting to travel with such diverse cultures in the van. Who knows, maybe they will get along and I will learn more about each of them. Think Positive!

If you don't get any new posts from me next week you will know why.

1 comment:

Tech Daddy said...

Sounds like it will be an interesting trip.