About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Late Valentine's Day To My Bride!

To make up for our lack of a Valentine's Day, (wife was sick) I decided to book a Bed & Breakfast for my wife and I to stay at right before the Easter holiday. We will be staying at The Dowell House in McKinney, TX. We will stay in The Chardonnay Room. The kids will be stay with my wife's sister's family just up the road in Howe, TX. We are already looking forward to spending some quality time by ourselves. Especially in the Hot Tub! (The 1970's movie "Benji" was filmed using this location as the main home of the family who owned Benji.)

My wife and I try to stay at a least one B&B every year just to get away from it all. Other B&B's we have stayed at include: Oaklea Mansion & Manor in Winnsboro, TX, The Woldert-Spence Manor in Tyler, TX (this was our first B&B), Roseland Plantation & Winsor House B&B in Ben Wheeler, TX (near Tyler, TX), White Oak Manor, in Jefferson, TX and Wisteria Garden B&B in Marshall, TX.

I have created a list of several B&B's within a decent traveling distance from our home town of Longview, TX. I especially would like to stay in a "haunted" location. The White Oak Monor in Jefferson was suppossed to be haunted, but nothing happened while we there anyway. We did go a "Ghost Walk" while we were there though.

On a side note: our Nintendo Wii (that I broke) is on its way home! My kids were very happy about this. I was just enjoying the peace and quite without it. According to Nintendo USA it should arrive by UPS sometime this weekend or early next week. JOY JOY!

4 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I thought this trip was for your birthday???? And I thought we wanted to do this twice a year :-)
I love ya bunches!!! (and we did go to the ever romantic IHOP for Valentine's)

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

We've only stayed at a few B&B's. I don't generally love the idea. When we get away, we like to be alone and not in someone else's kitchen eating breakfast. But I have to admit, there was one in Southern Indiana that we loved and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the owners. I guess you just need to get out of your comfort zone a little.

Mr. E said...

I forgot about I-Hop! It was nice but you still were not feeling up to snuff. The pancakes were delicious though.

I know we want to try to do B&B's twice a year but it seems to be working out to be about once a year. We can keep trying for 2 though.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

You two are just like my wife and I...having a real conversation via your blogs. Isn't that funny? As strange as it sounds, blogging actually ads a lot to our communication and relationship.