About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen -- 13 of My Favorite Music Albums by Christian Artists

Here is my Thursday Thirteen post for the week.

13 of Some of My Favorite Christian Music Albums

These Albums are in no particular order and they are just a few of the many Christian Artists and Songs I listen to. If you click on the links you will go to the album's listing on Amazon.com. From there you should be able to scroll down and listen to samples of songs featured on the album.

1. Portable Sounds by TobyMac -- Songs I like off this album are: Made to Love, Boomin', I'm For You, Feelin' So Fly and Lose My Soul.

2. Adoration: The Worship Album by Newsboys -- Songs I like off this album are: He Reigns, You Are My King (Amazing Love) and In Christ Alone.

3. Almost There by Mercy Me -- Songs I like off this album are: I Can Only Imagine, I Worship You, Bless Me Indeed. & Spoken For by Mercy Me -- Songs I like off this album are: The Change Inside of Me, Crazy and Word of God Speak.

4. Casting Crowns by Casting Crowns -- Songs I like off this album are: Voice of Truth, If We Are the Body, Who Am I and American Dream.

5. Speechless by Steven Curtis Chapman -- Songs I like off this album are: Dive, Speechless, The Change, Great Expectations, Next 5 Minutes, Fingerprints of God, Invitation, Whatever and I Do Believe.

6. Worship God by Rebecca St. James -- Songs I like off this album are: Breathe, God of Wonders, Lamb of God, It is Well and Above All.

7. Songs by the late Rich Mullins -- Songs I like off this (Greatest Hits album) are: Sing Your Praise to the Lord, Awesome God, Creed, We Are Not as Strong as We Think We Are, If I Stand, Elijah and Hold Me Jesus. & The Jesus Record by Rich Mullins and Various Artists -- Songs I like off this album are: My Deliverer, Surely God is With Us, Man of No Reputation, and That Where I Am, There You.

8. Worship by Michael W. Smith -- Songs I like off this album are: The Heart of Worship, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Open the Eyes of My Heart, Breath, Let It Rain, Agnus Dei and Above All.

9. Center of My Universe by Michelle Tumes -- Songs I like off this album are: Deep Love, Heaven's Heart, Do Ya, Lovely and With the Angels.

10. Underdog by Audio Adrenaline -- Songs I like off this album are: Underdog, Get Down, Good Life, Let My Love Open the Door, Hands and Feet, It is Well With My Soul and Jesus Movement.

11. Arriving by Chris Tomlin -- Songs I like off this album are: Indescribable, Holy is The Lord, How Great is Our God, Your Grace is Enough, Unfailing Love, All Bow Down and You Do All Things Well.

12. Revived by World Wide Message Tribe (now known as The Tribe) -- Songs I like off this "Greatest Hits Album" are: In My Life, Come All Ye Faithful, Reach For Heaven, Jumping in the House of God and Hallelujah (Praise the Saviour).

13. Veggie Rocks by Various Artist sing songs originally sung by The VeggieTales Characters -- Songs I like off this album are: I Love My Lips, In the Belly of the Whale, The Water Buffalo Song, and every other song on this album.

6 comments:

DrillerAA said...

I got the newest Mercy Me CD for Christmas and it is great. Love Steven Curtis Chapman and MWS. You have some great listening on that list.

Happy TT

cindy kay said...

I like a lot of those same songs. Cool.

Unknown said...

Newsboys and Veggie Tales -- you rock. I like most of the others but do not have any of their albums.
Have you ever listened to Selah? I love their music, very enriching.

My list is up this week:
http://cafeendofuniverse.blogspot.com/2008/01/thursday-thirteen-15-female-authors.html

Scott said...

Pretty much I could have written this post word for word.
Love the Veggie rock CD. It Veggilicious.

tasha said...

Great list!! I have just about all of them...and the ones I don't have are on my "Music to Get" list! Happy TT and have a great weekend!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I have seven of these CDs. I used to be quite the music critic, but I don't get to listen to a lot of new stuff these days. I loved Rich Mullins and I still remember where I was when I heard about his death. He passed away on a Saturday night and I heard about it from a guy named Steve Miles at church. I remember how my heart just sank and I couldn't listen to his music for nearly a year after that. I had the privilege of seeing him many times in concert and one time I bumped into him at the airport while waiting to pick up my wife. He was such a nice guy.