About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

5 Weird Things About Me

I have been tagged by my fellow blogger Tech Daddy to list 5 weird things about me.

Ok, I accept the tag!

# 1. I have an irrational fear of "Cupie Dolls" or other doll like toys that can open and close their eyes, talk or otherwise act in a human nature. Probably explains why I have never watched or want to watch the Chucky movies. It's hard for me to sleep in rooms with them, look at them or even read about them. There is at least one member of the Ghost Hunters, on TV, who has the same fear. Once my daughter got one of these type of dolls for Christmas (from a cousin) and I forbid her to open it. I think we ended up trading it in for something else or giving it away.

# 2. I can name all the Presidents of the United States in order, (first, middle, last names), the party they served and the years they served. I am currently memorizing the top candidates names and info, so I will have President #44 ready to go. {Nothing personal against Hillary Clinton, but if she gets elected it would have made memorizing the last 4 very easy (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton). Come on give me a challenge!

# 3. My High School sports team mascot was the Buckeye (a poisonous nut). We were one of only two schools in the nation, (The other being Ohio State University), to have the Buckeye as a mascot.

# 4. I hate the sound of Styrofoam rubbing against itself. I almost cry and just want to pass out when I hear the sound. Don't think I would make it as a superhero. Superman has Kryptonite, I have Styrofoam.

# 5. I also suffer from OCD. I have to have many things in my life in a certain order. My shirts and pants hang in my closet in a certain order. I make constant lists of things I want or need to do. I used to have my movies in alphabetical order and dishes in the cabinets stacked in certain ways. I am getting better, but you better not rearrange my closet or I might just freak out!

My Bonus Weird Thing is... I have a secret crush on Mrs. Incredible (aka: Mrs. Helen Parr, or Elasti-Girl) from the movie The Incredibles. Cute voice, stretchy, good mother, looks good in the new hero costume. I wonder if they make that costume for adult women at Halloween? My wife would be a great Mrs. Incredible, WAIT, she already is. LOVE YA HONEY!

Now, who to tag next! Hmmm, I don't know anyone else to tag that I read with any regularity. I'll think of someone though. Oh, Oh, I know...I'll tag my son....CmE Domain. He's almost 13 there should be plenty of weird things about him.

3 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

You know...you are just weird! :0)

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for accepting my tag. It's nice to know that I'm not the only weird guy in blog land. Hmm. Maybe that qualifies me as being weird? A guy with a blog?

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

One of my favorite bands, They Might Be Giants, has a song about James K. Polk. I guess you just made me thought of it and here I am rambling on your blog.