About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayer Request From a Crazy Man

In past posts I have mentioned that I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Because of this I tend to obsess about things to the point that it disrupts my daily activities. If I obsess about them long enough/or sometimes not long enough, I will compulsively act to attempt to remedy, or stop, these thoughts that just won't leave my head. To tell the truth it gets a little old.

I hate the fact I constantly worry about what my supervisor/co-workers/students or others think of me. It gets in the way of me doing my job as well as I need to be doing it. It also gets in the way of sleep, family activities and other normal daily functions. I just can't get some thoughts out of my head. If I get started on a specific task, the obsessive disorder will place that task above all other things until I get it done or someone stops me first.

Suffering from OCD is bad enough, but when you combine it with abnormal fears of confrontations, of any sort, and the occasional bouts of depression we all suffer from, this is not a good thing. I feel like I just want to crawl into a hole and hide until the anxiety I feel goes away. I am currently taking an anti-anxiety medication, but it seems like I have to take it every day or sometimes twice a day to keep these "crazy feelings" from taking over my life.

My OCD tends to be aggravated more when I am around large groups of people. If the classroom I teach is especially full, I will get "nervous" and overly irritated, or distracted. Activities with church groups or groups of friends will also have the same effect. I feel very uncomfortable going to a club to do a little dancing, going bowling or other group events. (Somehow going to watch The Texas Rangers play baseball doesn't bother me!) Because of this I constantly have to fight wanting to become reclusive.

I am asking my fellow blog readers and family to pray for me. Pray that God and His mighty power over all things can relieve me of this "problem." Pray that God guides me to the right people who can help me cope with and possibly treat this disorder in a way that I can have a more "normal" life. Pray for my family that they continue to try not and take some of the things I do "personally" against them. I love my family and I want them to know that.

Thanks guys & gals. Reading about your own "crazy" lives, helps me in ways you can't imagine.

3 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Well, I love you so much. And I believe 1000% (like there is such a percentage) in the power of prayer. So, you are asking for the right thing. Your honesty and heart keep your family on your side!! I love you--love you--love you!!!

Mr. E said...

Thank you my Lady Bug! I'm going to start calling you that on my blog from now on. Lady Bug sounds better than "The Wife!" I like it when you call me Hubbs!

Tech Daddy said...

I'll pray for you.

I also don't like big groups of people, especially ones in which I'm expected to interact with people. I much prefer smaller groups where I can devote personal, uninterrupted attention to the people I'm talking with.