About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Morning Bible Study & A Wonderful Wife

Every day for the past month I have gotten up before everyone else and read my Bible and meditate on the words of my God. Afterwards, I would read a section of a book about how to strengthen my relationship with God, improve my marriage, be a better parent or become a better man. Then, I would journal or blog about what I have read and spend a few minutes in prayer.

I have been trying to get my son to join me in the mornings, but so far he is still a little more interested in video games to remain focused. My daughter is a little young to get up so early yet, but I plan on starting to read Bible stories to both my children at night before reading any other night-time books. I have always felt it was important to teach my children about their Creator and their God and their savior Jesus, I just need to make that a larger part of our time together.

My wife has always read her Bible separate from me and we pray together sometimes. However, the following two mornings I have had a surprise! My beautiful wife has joined me in reading the Bible. We were reading different sections of the Bible, but we were sharing our mornings together with God. We even held hands to pray! It felt so good for her to be there and share the moment with me. I love my wife. I hope we can continue this together.

Proverbs 31 speaks about the Wife of Noble Character. My wife has a very noble character! She is a valuable part of my life, my best friend, and a great spiritual helper. She is a great mother to my children. I love spending time with her and she gives good advice. (If only I would listen a little more!) As Proverbs 31:10-11 says, "She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value." I love my wife and I love the great and wonderful God who blessed me with her.

1 comment:

Tech Daddy said...

I think that's great that you want your son to participate with you during your quiet time. I know I enjoy having my son participate with me (at least most of the time). See my blog entry about it.